Hangin' tough..

I was reading through my old blog this morning in my multiply page (which I copy-pasted below) and I was reminded of God's faithfulness thru this verse..

"The LORD is my strength and shield. I trust Him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving" (Ps.28.7.NLT)

It's always a blessing reading through God's word... truly, it's a good source of encouragement :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tough times don't last, but tough people do!"

What a pretty strong and motivating words from an optimist. I found this line in one of the books I’m reading currently. This phrase allow us to move forward and give us the courage to overcome any obstacles.

I remember when the Apostle John wrote about what Jesus have said, “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart, I have overcome the world.”

Jesus is an overcomer! He is indeed “tough” for He overcome the world! Imagine the rejections, the persecutions, the bruises and all the pains He experienced (which He didn’t deserved but He endured anyway because of His love for us), He surpassed all of them! Some skeptics might argue, “of course he can engage himself into that because he is God or at least he claims to be God.”

Well yes, God’s power alone is incomprehensible (Please read through Psalm 145:3/Isaiah 55:8-9). What’s striking about what Jesus had stated is that He conquered the hardest phase in His life without any Godly powers. He lived like one of us (remember Jesus was the Word and the Word become flesh). Knowing that He went through so much torture during His last days here on earth, the kind of torture that neither of us would be willing to undergo nor we’d be able to withstand, He alone have triumphed over these whole ordeal! You can almost hear the pain, we as humans are likely to feel if we’re on the same situation, when he cried out “Father, why hast thou forsaken me?”

Yes tough times don’t last and they are part of this world we're living in. But tough people do! If you watch Fear Factor, Amazing Race, and even the funny “I survived the Japanese Game Show,” their common challenge is.. "will you be tough enough to survive?"

Can we imitate Jesus in trying times? That if we pray to take the cup of difficulties away from us, are we able to pray as well that if it’s God’s will then let His will be done?

Dear Father, we know that tribulations are bound to happen, but we also believe that they are just temporary. Allow us to see these challenges as opportunities. The opportunity to become a strong-willed individual, and the opportunity to draw us closer to you, knowing that you are the source of our strength and in you comes perfect peace. For your power is made perfect when we are weak.


God bless y'all! c",)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! Thanks for dropping by. Yes, I would love to know your thoughts.

(The word verification that will appear is a simple automated spam filtering, just ensuring comments being posted are not computer-generated)