Poetry: As Usual

Back to my busy days, my usual life
Now I'm just resting & listenin' to Duncan Sheik's halflife
Maybe someday I'll try to learn how to play the fife
And perhaps use it to serenade my future wife
(haha, but I'd still prefer the guitar)

Nothin' much has changed, but I've discovered new friends
Friends at my workplace and at the congregation, they're all Godsend
Life abroad is not permanent, wherever I am I just try to blend
The best days here, as most would agree, are always the weekends

*Sigh* I dunno what to eat for lunch,
Chicken rice? Saba Fish? or baby Kai Lan?
Choices have become difficult when I started to do away with pork
Well, I guess sticking with the usual might still work.

c",)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! Thanks for dropping by. Yes, I would love to know your thoughts.

(The word verification that will appear is a simple automated spam filtering, just ensuring comments being posted are not computer-generated)