The Purifier and the Lid

I have here in the office this nice white mug that I use solely for drinking water. And to prevent any unwanted particles from hopping in, making my mug their private pool, I bought a ceramic cup lid that fits just right. But even with this cover on, albeit the water's been purified, there's no guarantee that my drink will remain clean and pure. Still, it's comforting to know that I'm taking in safe drinking water. Water-purifiers and refilling stations sprouted because there's a need for us to ensure that the H2O we are consuming everyday stays clean.

Purification and protection are both God's desire for us. I'm not perfect, neither anybody else. So I believe there's a need for us to constantly allow God to purify us. If we try to look at the "purifier" as the Word of God and the "lid" as God's protection thru our prayers, as we meditate daily on His word and converse with Him in prayer, we can be confident that we're being cleansed and always protected. :)

Create in me a clean heart, O God,
And renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Do not cast me away from Your presence
And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore to me the joy of Your salvation
And sustain me with a willing spirit
(Ps.51:10.12.NASB)



Have a fine Tuesday! God bless Ü

Ciao! c",)


Hiding Place
Artist: Jars of Clay
Album: Redemption Songs


Amidst the sorrows of the way
Lord Jesus, teach my soul to pray
Let me taste Thy special grace
And run to Christ, my hiding place

You know the vileness of my heart
So prone to act the rebel's part
And when You veil Your lovely face
How can I find a hiding place

Hiding place, hiding place

Lord, guide my wandering feet
Draw me to Thy mercy seat
I've nought to trust but sovereign grace
Thou only art my hiding place

How unstable is my heart
Sometimes I take the tempter's part
And slight the tokens of Thy grace
And seem to want no hiding place

Hiding place, hiding place

But when Thy spirit shines within
Makes me feel the plague of sin
And how I long to see Thy face
'Tis then I want a hiding place

Lord Jesus, shine and then I can
Feel sweetness in salvation's plan
And as a sinner plead for grace
Christ, the sinner's hiding place
And as a sinner plead for grace
Christ, the sinner's hiding place

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! Thanks for dropping by. Yes, I would love to know your thoughts.

(The word verification that will appear is a simple automated spam filtering, just ensuring comments being posted are not computer-generated)