Rainy Tuesday

Nonetheless, a blessed day :)

It may look a li'l gloomy outside but it is during this time that we get to really, i mean really, enjoy small things like a piece of bread dipped in a hot cup of coffee (or hot milo as others would prefer to have it), or an extended time tucked in a blanket on a nippy tuesday morning. 

I actually don't like rainy days, but thinking how it turned the muggy warm weather we had the past few days into a chilly atmosphere has allowed me to just be simply thankful for the day. 

Each day is diff'rent from the other. We could be most of the time happy, yet we may sometime brush through gloomy days. I believe as we approach each day with optimism, it'll certainly stir a thankful heart as we conclude our day. And what happens if we have a thankful heart? We sing praises to God. Ü 

"Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. 
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God."
(Col.3:15-16)

 
I'm inspired to share today's devotional, pls see below. 

Thanks for reading and God bless y'all! 

- Jep c",)
 

Today's Devotion

March 23

Encourage Each Other


I long to see you so that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to make you strong-that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by  each other's faith (Romans 1:11,12).

Scripture: Romans 1:8-15

Song: "Blest Be the Tie That Binds"

When a friend shared her heart-breaking trial with me, I was amazed at her strong faith. "Don't you ever get discouraged?" I asked.

"Of course," she replied. "That's why I need to keep in close contact with my Savior through prayer and reading the Bible. I also stay connected to my church, which lifts my spirit. And I thank God for the gift of my Christian friends. Their faith gives me strength, as well."

She then pointed to the apostle Paul, who was a spiritual father to numerous individuals and church groups throughout Asia. He had such a positive faith and was a constant encourager to others, even though he, like all of us, was subject to discouragement at times. That's why he longed to visit the believers everywhere. It's what nourished his faith and brought him joy.

"We all deal with problems too heavy to bear alone," my friend added. "If Paul needed to constantly talk to God and seek the company and encouragement of other Christians to bolster his faith . . . how much  
more do I?"

O Lord my God, thank You for the gift of Your presence, Your Word, and Your people-all of which nourish my faith. May I always praise You, even in trying circumstances. In Christ's name, I pray. Amen.

(This devotion is from the book, 365 Devotions)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! Thanks for dropping by. Yes, I would love to know your thoughts.

(The word verification that will appear is a simple automated spam filtering, just ensuring comments being posted are not computer-generated)