Life Blog: Greek goddesses

If yesterday was too relaxed, today was a li’l eventful. I won in a bet! free lunch! hehe. My seatmates dared if I could ever come to work earlier than ‘em (tardiness is one of my undesirable habit these days). Miraculously, I got in earlier than I expected. I was ecstatic and grinning when I greeted them a wonderful morning :) Actually, I’ve been trying to discipline myself to break this bad habit so I agreed when they challenged me. I hope I could bring back my old self where no matter how late I sleep I could still get up early (and be the early worm, hahaha).

One of the surprising events that occurred today was when I received a “Goodbye email” from our user. Since I’m supporting Greece Bank, I get to interface with some Greek goddesses, hehe, since most of our users are women. I can say she’s one of the hardworking, nice and enthusiastic Greek user we get to interact with. So after replying to her email I phoned her to wish her my best, bid her farewell, and inquire why she’s leaving (because 2 weeks ago her colleague resigned also). She relates to me highlights of her story. It was a very short conversation (well, it had to be a quick chat as I need to ensure I don’t keep her from whatever she was doin at that moment) but I could feel how dejected she was. Imagine she was with the company for 22 (long) years! I wasn’t even born yet when she joined their firm (haha, right!). It was indeed a very difficult decision (well, talking about decisions again, huh!).

Anyhow, it was fun working with them (haha, now I’m using past tense -- I haven’t decided yet). Though we had tough times, I was able to become accustomed to having fine conversations with ‘em. And I’ve seen their pictures! Their built are kind of vast (compared to Asians) and they all look lovely. Greece is now in my list of places to visit. One of the ancient adventure I'm lookin forward to! yeah!!!

c",)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! Thanks for dropping by. Yes, I would love to know your thoughts.

(The word verification that will appear is a simple automated spam filtering, just ensuring comments being posted are not computer-generated)