Life Blog: Thai A Yellow Ribbon

Yellow (or golden yellow) is the common color you’ll find in Bangkok, Thailand. My friends and I recently visited the city for a common reason: enjoy the privilege of travelin' while working abroad and to escape from the rather demanding job, hehe.

As we arrived at the airport, this guy carrying a placard bearing our names greeted us. He took us to our hotel. It was just a 3-star hotel I suppose. I believe when traveling for short period and looking for cheap hotels, there is no time to be nitpicking, as long as the air conditioning works (unfortunately, the aircon in our room is not powerful enough to sustain our body heat). Nonetheless, the place is neat and the location is perfect. It was already late in the evening when we checked in, then immediately we went out to welcome the atmosphere. The hot temperature is nothing new to us. However, we were surprised to see how busy the streets were when it was already past 12mn (considering they were under martial law, haha). Every corner was filled with tourists.

Bangkok is the cultural and economic centre of Thailand. They really are rich in cultures. (Also rich in cultured worms, beetles, grasshoppers, mantis, frogs, scorpions – made crunchy, hehe). My friends said I should try it, they told me it tastes good, just like the typical street foods. But I never dared to try, not even a single bite.

Thais give high regard to their King. This is another common sight you’ll discover in Thailand -- picture of their King all over the places. Thai people are also nationalistic. I remember when we were in the market, all the people stopped suddenly because their national anthem is being played over the air. (I noticed even the street dog stopped sniffing around – no kidding! hehe). Some Thai people we’ve stumbled upon were very nice. Even those people at the hotel and the drivers were all very accommodating. Although some hardly speak English, they could still interpret somehow what we were trying to say. So we never had much trouble askin' around for prices and places :)

Our 3 days were spent on visiting some of the temples, trying out the floating market, goin' for an elephant ride through a jungle trail, watching cultural shows (both day show and night show, haha), and shopping. There’s nothin' much to see in Bangkok actually, but we enjoyed our vacation. We enjoyed taking snaps everywhere. I hope in our future travel adventures I already have the dSLR I’ve been eyeing for. Oh, I almost forgot, we weren't able to watch live Muay Thai fight (though we've seen similar acts in the cultural show, fair enough, hehe)

Sawat dee! c",)



Here are some pics I took:

(outside the temple)


(@ the floating market)


(one of the many golden temples)


(some tourists shopping for souvenirs)


(the reclining buddha)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! Thanks for dropping by. Yes, I would love to know your thoughts.

(The word verification that will appear is a simple automated spam filtering, just ensuring comments being posted are not computer-generated)