The Color of Our Prayers..

While my home country is still trying to recover from the devastating typhoon, here is yet another natural disaster in other parts of this globe (in south pacific ocean)...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090930/ap_on_re_au_an/as_pacific_earthquake_23

We might find it difficult, somehow, to comprehend why we (esp. those in affected areas) are experiencing these heartrending events. But the scripture says such things are bound to happen. And God expect us to take courage over these (Jn16:33). He promised that He will never leave nor forsake us (Heb13:5).

Earlier this morning, as I recollect the troubling aerial photos of the after effects Ondoy has brought, I couldn't help but imagine our Heavenly Father also looking down from above and seeing the actual scene similar to the aerial photos I'm browsing. Then I remember the story my friend shared (actually just a snippet from the book "Embraced By The Light" by Betty Eadie). The author said, as she shared, that when people prays it produces light.. a light that our Sovereign God sees. And the light our prayers will emit depends on the sincerity of our prayers. Following that idea, in these trying times I believe a simple utterance of "God please help me" or "God please help them" will surely send forth bright lights to heaven. If we all pray continuously, I'm picturing God seeing not just floodwaters.. but floodprayers!

With that in mind, we can consider looking at these trials as.. "God wants to unite us through prayers" So I encourage everyone to continue sending bright lights to heaven.

God bless you c",)


My Heart Will Trust
Artist: Hillsong United

I'll walk closer now on the higher way
Through the darkest night will you hold my hand
Jesus guide my way

O you mourn with me and you dance with me
For my heart of hearts is bound to you

Though I walk through valleys low
I'll fear no evil
By the waters still my soul,
My heart will trust in You
My heart will trust in You

O You counsel me and You comfort me
When I cannot see,
You light my path

Though I walk through valleys low
I'll fear no evil
By the waters still my soul,
My heart will trust in You
My heart will trust in You

My heart will trust in you.



Here's how I visualize the color of our prayers.. just like the earth lights at night :)

(image courtesy of www.almostsmart.com)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! Thanks for dropping by. Yes, I would love to know your thoughts.

(The word verification that will appear is a simple automated spam filtering, just ensuring comments being posted are not computer-generated)