Faith that assures..

One of my favorite chapter in the scripture is Ps.23, as it talks about..

Contentment
The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.

Comfort
He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,

Restoration
He restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Conquering Fears and Reassurance
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

Strength and Victory
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.

Provision and Promise
Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

So whenever I feel like I couldn't hear from Him.. I try not to get disheartened. Instead, I read through my favorite verses like these from Psalms. I learned that stillness and reading through His words allows me to hear His voice.

..God talks to us through the scriptures :)

Have a blessed night c",)


The Valley Song
Artist: Jars of Clay

...

Chorus
I will sing of Your mercy
That leads me through valleys of sorrow
To rivers of joy

When death like a gypsy
Comes to steal what I love
I will still look to the heavens
I will still seek your face

But I fear you aren't listening
Because there are no words
Just the stillness and the hunger
For a faith that assures

I will sing of Your mercy
That leads me through valleys of sorrow
To rivers of joy

Alleluia, alleluia
Alleluia, alleluia

While we wait for rescue
With our eyes tightly shut
Face to the ground using our hands
To cover the fatal cut

Though the pain is an ocean
Tossing us around, around, around
You have calmed greater waters
Higher mountains have come down

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! Thanks for dropping by. Yes, I would love to know your thoughts.

(The word verification that will appear is a simple automated spam filtering, just ensuring comments being posted are not computer-generated)