Pssst! c",)

It's funny how almost everyone tends to look around when somebody goes "pssst." It is really an attention grabber. And when someone calls out our name and we recognize the voice, we look around immediately for that person.

How do we recognize someone's voice?
I believe it's when we've established some sort of bond with the person. The moment you hear a familiar tone, it links up and searches through the address book embedded in your brain. And that familiar voice also connects to your heart, which in turn will send the type of emoticon your face will display :)

In other words, it's our relationship with someone that enable us to quickly identify their voices. Same is true in terms of hearing from God, it's our relationship with Him that will allow us to easily recognize His voice.

Quoting from Ps.Kenneth's preaching yesterday..

"When we walk with God with intimacy His will becomes our will."

Isn't that amazing? Some of us desperately search for God's will for our lives, but God is simply saying, "Be still, and know that I am God" (Ps46:10)

"Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with Me." (Rev3:20)

Have a blissful week everyone!

- Jep c",)



Today's Devotion

February 8

Listen Up!


My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me (John 10:27).

Scripture: John 10:22-30

Song: "The Shepherd of Love"

Our little flock of black-faced sheep always came running when we called. Whether we were standing at the fence with a treat or calling them in for the night, when they heard us, they came. They knew us, and we knew them. We knew Rosie, with her beautiful eyes; Dinger, with his warning bell; Old Mamie, with her bony back. They were a flock, but they were individuals too.

It is no accident that Jesus calls us His sheep. Sheep may throw their heads around and act tough and independent, but without someone caring for them-providing for their basic needs, keeping them safe from danger-they will not survive long. Their dependency, however, is part of what makes them so lovable. One word from the shepherd, and they know that all is well.

Do you know the sound of Jesus' voice? Does it seem distant and hard to hear? Or is it near and familiar? A sheep's job is simple: listen to the shepherd. What is the Shepherd saying to you today?

Lord, sometimes I don't listen very well. My mind wanders as a sheep wanders, nibbling here and there. Teach me to listen, to recognize Your voice above all others. In Your precious name I pray. Amen.

(This devotion is from the book, 365 Devotions)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! Thanks for dropping by. Yes, I would love to know your thoughts.

(The word verification that will appear is a simple automated spam filtering, just ensuring comments being posted are not computer-generated)