Happy Red Day! c",)

It's amazing how GPS in mobile phones has greatly improved and continues to advance. With this modern technology we have no reason to get lost. We can even plan our route, and some far advanced devices can give us information such as the flow of traffic and/or petrol, banks, & store locations.

Such tool, and other technological inventions, exist because tech achitechs painstakingly believed it can be done. Yes, anything you can think of nowadays seems possible, mostly in terms of tech doodads.

Thinking all things are possible is agreeable, but believing it.. is notewothy. It's the kind of faith God is expecting from us. In Mark 11:23, Jesus talks about this (you can find the verse quoted in the devotional I attached below). May our sweet and mighty Savior strengthen you everyday. With God all things are possible :)

Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God." (Mark 10:27)

TGIF!
Happy weekend, V-day, and CNY everyone! :)

- Jep c",)



Today's Devotion

February 12

Moving Mountains


I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, "Go, throw yourself into the sea," and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him (Mark 11:23).

Scripture: Mark 11:20-25

Song: "Faith Grasps the Blessing"

I once saw a bumper sticker that said, "I'm not lost; I'm exploring." I had to laugh, because I related so well. Call it what you will, the truth is that I get lost very easily. Thankfully, I live within view of the Rocky Mountains. Just knowing they loom to the west is often enough for me to get my sense of direction squared away.

Some days, however, when a storm moves in, I can't see the mountains. The view in any direction looks the same. I'm without my compass.

When Jesus taught His disciples about prayer, He told them they could move mountains. Frankly, those words frighten me. I need my mountains. How else will I know where I am?

The answer, of course, is that I will be right where God wants me to be. I will be more dependent on Him, more trusting of His guidance, more reliant on Him for the next step. I wonder sometimes why we fail to pray for the mountains in our lives to move. Is it because they give us a sense of security, and we're afraid to let go?

Lord, You know the mountains looming in my life right now. Help me look only to You for guidance as I climb. In Jesus' name, amen.

(This devotion is from the book, 365 Devotions)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! Thanks for dropping by. Yes, I would love to know your thoughts.

(The word verification that will appear is a simple automated spam filtering, just ensuring comments being posted are not computer-generated)