Life Blog: Disciplined?

I missed my bus so I pulled a cab instead to get home fast as my stomach is grumbling and crying out for food. Inside, the cab driver began explaining why he was not able to turn his overhead sign to green (meaning for hire) and that he almost went pass me. He was fuming and giving out harsh comments on those 5 people who called him out for a ride. He keeps talkin and talking and I’m just answering “yeah, yeah, yeah” with a deep sigh and whispering “can you just drive and take me home please?”

Here in SG, strictly only 4 passengers max are allowed in a taxi. Unlike in other countries, as long as there’s room to fit more passengers in one cab, and as long as the driver doesn’t mind, most people will take advantage. The issue is not whether the driver would agree or the taxi could accommodate, but the LAW. Not many countries follow their law like how people in SG does. This is good and depicts how disciplined their citizens are. Talking about discipline, I think the idea of their government is to demonstrate to people how serious they are in chastising people living in their soil who will be violating their laws. Imagine paying $300 for littering or being caned plus imprisoned for other serious offenses.

It leads me to thinking why can’t other countries be like this? Is it because this country is so small and can be easily managed? Or there are just a lot of hardheaded individuals that’s why other countries finds it difficult to implement such?

Well, I believe “fear and respect” is what creates disciplined beings. When our parents need to discipline us, they may try different ways (could be gentle or stiff, depending on how hardheaded we are, hehe) to remind us of the rules and who’s in charge while making sure we understand that it’s for our own good.

Anyhow, at least I'm home now and my stomach full!! 'need to hit the bed now.

ciao! c",)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! Thanks for dropping by. Yes, I would love to know your thoughts.

(The word verification that will appear is a simple automated spam filtering, just ensuring comments being posted are not computer-generated)