Don't stray.. don't ever go away...

I've been hangin' around this time in the corner... hehe, LSS.

I'm still waiting for my boss to check the task I submitted yesterday. Meanwhile, allow me to share what God has reminded me today...


----------------------------------------------------

It's amazing and quite exciting to see how technology advances, agree? And sometimes we find ourselves being lured by these latest techs (usually housed in a soap-like shiny plastic with tiny buttons) that we even wish to own one, though what we currently hold still meets our basic needs (ouch! I must say, haha).

Or, there may be times when we get overturned by something and we wanted to just avoid exposing ourselves to what had caused our distressed.

Two strong emotions, excited and upset; the former might lead us to focus on one thing while the latter might cause us to change our course. I remember asking someone when I was a child, "why do they put blinders on race horses? And the plain answer is, to keep 'em from looking sideways & keep their heads pointed in straight direction. So even the 4-legged creature needs to be guided by this so-called "blinders" so they don't lose focus towards the direction their master wants 'em to go.

Which direction are we looking now? Was there anything that stirred our emotions to be disappointed or perhaps be very excited about? How has these affected our focus? And the most important question is, are we fixing our eyes onto something rather than on Jesus? These are just general questions and I'm blessed to read today's devotion because it reminded me of these things. There are a lot of things in this world that can either draw our attention or can cause distractions, and it could be a struggle to some. But if we know to whom we should be fixing our eyes on to, then I believe we'll never sway, reyt? =)

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.

Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." (Hebrews 12:1,2)


God bles y'all!

- Jep c",)


Today's Devotion

January 20

Keep Your Eyes on Him


But seeing the wind, he became frightened, and beginning to sink, he cried out, "Lord, save me!" (Matthew 14:30, New American Standard Bible).

Scripture: Matthew 14:22-33

Song: "Turn Your Eyes upon Jesus"

Imagine how much more fun Peter could have had in his water-walking experience. If he would have kept his eyes on Jesus, he could have walked directly into his master's happy embrace. But Peter didn't keep his eyes on Jesus. He turned to his left and saw the crashing waves. He jerked to the right at the sound of the howling wind-and he began to sink.

I sometimes do something similar. It seems the longer I pray for a certain thing, the harder it is for me to trust God with it. Doubts come in waves, crashing into my confidence. And I begin to sink, questioning the very thing I believe most: Does God really answer prayer? Will He ever answer mine?

After studying today's Scripture, I realized that doubts only come when I focus on my dire circumstances rather than the power of my Savior. Doubts fill my mind every time I take my eyes off the Lord of all. O, how much more fun when I keep my eyes on Jesus!

Almighty and ever-living God, forgive me for sometimes looking away from You, sinking into worry and doubt. Please, quickly grab my attention every time I look in the wrong direction. In the name of Jesus, Lord and Savior of all, I pray. Amen.

(This devotion is from the book, 365 Devotions.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! Thanks for dropping by. Yes, I would love to know your thoughts.

(The word verification that will appear is a simple automated spam filtering, just ensuring comments being posted are not computer-generated)