He wants what's Best :)

We sometimes hear these remarks,

"I don't deserve this"
"I'm not worthy of this"
"he/she is just too perfect for me"
"I'm not qualified for that job"


I remember when I was first applying for a job, a young man seated next to me waiting for his turn to be interviewed asked me, "what position are you applying for?" To which I replied, "just the entry level post, this is my first attempt so I hope they'll consider me."
After inquiring about the degree I took he then challenged me by asking, "why don't you apply for the second level post? If they feel you're unqualified for that then you'll always have the entry level position to apply for." I gazed at this young man and inquired, "may I ask which post are you applying for?" He smiled and replied, "PM"

I pondered about what he said when I reached home. I knew there's a reason why I'm seated next to that guy, why he chose to chat with me, and why he challenged me. I was thankful to God that day and have asked Him for guidance & courage as I prepare for my next interview.

We can easily gauge our own capabilities because we know our physical and mental capacity. But what do you think causes us think less of ourselves sometimes? Perhaps the fear of failure? Being less prepared? Or maybe we just need a li'l push, words of encouragement, to take the next step that we know in ourselves we can in the first place. At times when I lack the courage to take the next step, I try to lift myself up to Him instead. Because I believe, "The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song." (Psalm28:7).

As we seek Him for guidance and strength in whatever circumstances, He will surely direct our paths for He wants what's best for us! (pls see Jeremiah29:11 and Psalm37:4)


Today's Devotion

January 28

God's Way Is Best


In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight (Proverbs 3:6, New American Standard Bible).

Scripture: Proverbs 3:5-12

Song: "I Know Whom I Have Believed"

In the records of Judah's kings, Hezekiah stands out as one of the few good kings. He tore down the places of idol worship and reformed their spiritual festivals. He followed the commandments of God and did not make alliances with pagan nations.

If you tour historical sites in Israel, your guide will most likely include Hezekiah's tunnel. It was built as a provision and a defense. To prevent the armies of Assyria from getting a needed water supply, Hezekiah built the tunnel to divert the Gihon Springs, making it flow into Jerusalem at the Pool of Siloam.

The remarkable part of this undertaking was that crews worked from both ends and met in the middle. They made only a few false turns, for the work was guided by the men shouting to each other through the rock.

You can't call the tunnel "straight," because of the twisted layout. But the work was done right. Could it be because of how Hezekiah "acknowledged" his God in righteous living? So . . . how is God guiding your own paths these days?

Holy Spirit, continue to be my true guide. Although my life takes its twists and turns, I depend on You to keep me straight. I trust not in my own understanding, but in Your truth. Through Christ, amen.

(This devotion is from the book, 365 Devotions)

- Jep c",)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! Thanks for dropping by. Yes, I would love to know your thoughts.

(The word verification that will appear is a simple automated spam filtering, just ensuring comments being posted are not computer-generated)