Talking to God

Yay, this is my first post this 2010 :) Happy New Year!

Hmmm, I couldn't think of anything to write.. perhaps I'll just share with you what God has revealed to me in Today's Devotion.

I have learned that communication is one of the keys in building a stronger, fireproof relationship. It also bridges the gap when your families, your partner, or your friends are in distant places. Sending them a warm hello today will surely stretch their face muscles and draw a smile. Likewise, a daily talk to God brings us more closer to Him. Seeking the Lord Almighty for guidance in everything we say or do, certainly God will do His part. Communication and prayer, they're synonymous. So let's communicate more with our loved ones and spend more time as well talking to our sweet Savior :)

God bless you all!

c",)


Today's Devotion:

January 13

The Power of Prayer

Hezekiah turned his face to the wall and prayed to the Lord,
"Remember, O Lord, how I have walked before you faithfully and with
wholehearted devotion and have done what is good in your eyes." And
Hezekiah wept bitterly (2 Kings 20:2, 3).

Scripture: 2 Kings 20:1-7

Song: "The Weapon of Prayer"

"One thing I know: God is still on the throne, and prayer changes
things." A youth minister at a Denver church spoke those words more
than once. I always liked that phrase, and furthermore, I believe he
was speaking a great truth.

Hezekiah surely knew this truth. After all, the 20th chapter of 2
Kings beautifully illustrates the power of prayer, the value of
heartfelt petition. The king lingered at death's door-until he prayed.
Then God had mercy and granted 15 more years of life.

Over and over in God's Word we see examples of the power of prayer.
When Nehemiah encountered opposition, he added prayer to his own
defense (see Nehemiah 4:9). And in the New Testament, Peter
miraculously escaped from prison because the church was "earnestly
praying to God for him" (Acts 12:5).

When has God answered your prayers? Why not make a list? And may God
encourage your heart as you remember all the times He has proved
surpassingly faithful.

Lord, You know my needs even before I ask, and You know what is best
for me. Thank You for Your faithful answers to prayer. In Jesus' name,
amen.

This devotion is from the book, 365 Devotions

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! Thanks for dropping by. Yes, I would love to know your thoughts.

(The word verification that will appear is a simple automated spam filtering, just ensuring comments being posted are not computer-generated)