Life Blog: Being workaholic

When can we tell if a person is guilty of being workaholic?

Workaholic, as defined generally, is the person with a compulsive need to work. Compulsive? That's synonymous to obsessive! And when a person is obsessed onto something, this means that 'thing' is becoming his/her priority. Well, sometimes this happens to me.. my work my top priority. I even tend to skip dinner just to finish what I have written in my ToDo list. OMG, does this mean i'm obsessed at my job?! ..nah, I don't think so, hehe.

I can classify workaholics into two categories: (1) those devoted to work because of a need, and (2) those who work some extra hours because they simply love what they're doing.

For the former, I believe this category involves primarily of a commitment. You are either committed to performing beyond your capacity because you aspire, for example, to become your company's president one day (hehe, I know someone who does) OR you are committed to doubling your effort because you want to double your earnings for your family (or to someting you plan to acquire). These people are those who burn eyebrows just fulfill what they have committed to do. I think I belong to this category =)

While the second type are those who dedicate themselves to work because they just loovvee what they're doing. These are the 'certified' workaholics! Some may file for a leave (or be asked to use up their earned vacation leaves because they don't even get sick!) BUT will still be logging from home to work. gees! what are these people?! There are also those who really tries to find something to do though their boss would rather request them to have some break -- probably spend quality time with their families and friends, or just to have some good rest. (Well, the boss wants you off the office for a while don't you realize? hehe)

So, which category do you belong? Remember, if you happen to be consistently spending more hours at work than the usual ..then you are a candidate of being workaholic!

c',)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! Thanks for dropping by. Yes, I would love to know your thoughts.

(The word verification that will appear is a simple automated spam filtering, just ensuring comments being posted are not computer-generated)