Life Blog: Wishin' for November Rain..

I was tempted to write about what happened the other night at work where I had to stay up from 1:00am 'til mid afternoon. But I realised I promised myself that i'll dismiss work from my mind as soon as I get home :)

Anyhow, last Friday when my friend and I stepped out of the office building, we were dazed to see the cloudy atmosphere. The air smelled burnt wood/trees. We guessed it's probably due to a huge fire that broke in the city (we're 30 minutes away from the city, btw). When I arrived home, I searched the net for any news about earlier fire which could've had caused the haze. The report says it was due to the rainforest fire in Indonesia, specifically within the province of Kalimantan, Borneo -- western Indonesia, but within Southern part of Asia. This indonesian province was labeled 3rd or 4th largest island in the world which is covered largely by dense of forest. The wind was blowing across Sumatra, no wonder the thick smoke reached Singapore (see encircled in below map).

I have learned to love being in Singapore because of the clean environmnt, ease of commuting, and the feeling of being safe even if you're walking down the streets late in the evening (but I think I will never get used to their food -- they're soo spicy and everythin tastes almost the same, sorry about this -- perhaps I just miss eating diff'rent varieties). This haze had turned Singapore's clean air to a gloomy atmosphere for a few days now. This is the time when people here will be praying for rains to come :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! Thanks for dropping by. Yes, I would love to know your thoughts.

(The word verification that will appear is a simple automated spam filtering, just ensuring comments being posted are not computer-generated)