Save Me

I was listening to RX931 live streaming earlier, and in relation to the Philippines' National Heroes Day their discussion topic was somethin' like.. "what is the most heroic deed you've done in your life?"

There were funny responses, and there were also serious ones.. some jaw-dropping stories, to which all you can utter is.. "wow!"

But I guess some will choose not to share theirs. We'll probably just learn about their stories through some people who witnessed the person's heroic act(s). These people are like those fictional heroes where their looks is far from their real identity. Like for the case of Clark Kent who hides his true identity by wearing eyeglasses, hahaha. This is the reason why I'm wearing glasses too (ngeks!) But people often mistaken me for Lex! nyahaha (you know, for obvious reason, hehe)

I believe some of us have stories to tell when posed with the same question. While others will simply have heroes of their own, be it fictional or true heroes of their lives.

Rizal, through his novels (one of his original manuscript can be seen here), was labeled as the Philippines' National Hero. His fearless exposure of the injustices committed by civil spanish officials gave him this mark.

While at the Hall of Justice, SuperFriends (headed by Superman), were on standby and alert, ready to save the world (well, in DC comics)

Seriously though, in times of trouble to whom do we cling on to? I know of a Hero who never hides His identity. Always ready to help. Always there by the call of His name. I believe He is everybody's hero for He chose to die to save the world. Because a hero cares. And now He lives supernaturally to guide and protect us. Because a hero saves. And He's the only hero who gives us strength in times weakness.

So if I am to shift the question to.. "Who do you think is your greatest hero?"

I hope we share the same answer :)



Save Me
Artist: Remy Zero
(Theme from the TV Series Smallville)


I feel my wings have broken in your hands
I feel the words unspoken inside
And they pull you under
And I would give you anything you want to know
You were all I wanted
All my dreams have fallen down
Crawling around

Somebody save me
Let your warm hands
Break right through me
Somebody save me
And I don't care how you do it
Just stay woo hoo
Stay
Come on
I've been waiting for you

I see the world has folded in your heart
I feel the waves crash down inside
And they pull me under
I would give you anything you want to know
You were all I wanted
And all my dreams have fallen down
Crawling around

Somebody save me
And two warm hands break right through me
Somebody save me
I don't care how you do it
Just stay whoo hoo
Stay
Come on
I've been waiting for you

Crawling around
Somebody save me
And let your warm hands break right through me
Somebody save me
I don't care how you do it
Just save you and me
I've made this whole world shine for you
Just stay
Stay
Come on
I'm still waiting for you

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! Thanks for dropping by. Yes, I would love to know your thoughts.

(The word verification that will appear is a simple automated spam filtering, just ensuring comments being posted are not computer-generated)